Yahoo! News - Eric Raymond: Linux will rule the desktop

Andrew Rokitka drew82096 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 09:18:51 EST 2002

Great points.  However, I believe that if you create an OS with a
smooth interface, and convince the HOME users to use it, you can then
FORCE businesses to consider revising their Desktop OS of choice.
Remember, the dawn of customer-service oriented business brought forth
the need to standardize with the user, for compatibility reasons.  If a
greater number of non-technical home users use Linux, then businesses
would have no choice but to use Linux, even if in small quantities.