redhat 7.2

Joe Bielli jbielli at netsos.com
Mon Nov 19 13:48:03 EST 2001

The stock redhat 7.2 kernel is heavily modded, however you can get by
just fine (albeit a few error messages) after recompiling a new 2.4.14..

I patched to include ext3 support, and also noticed quite a few
networking features need to be included (I don't remember the details)..
I'm running error free. I noticed that if you want to run 95/98/nt/2000
apps under X, there are some wine features missing that redhat patched
in their custom kernel.

A friend just did an rpm update of the kernel on a 7.2 and it went
without a hitch. I think that's Scary :)

Joe Bielli
Software Development

Computer SOS, inc.
1505 Cleveland Drive