Software RAID weirdness question

Gregory J. Neumann gregneumann at netscape.net
Tue Jun 5 11:30:17 EDT 2001

Got it solved!  The kernels from kernel.org don't come patched to automatically start RAID, as I set up RAID on the stock Slackware 2.2.16 kernel that comes w/ the patch, my new kernel not able to make sense of it.  Found the patches in a different place than that listed in the HOWTO's, thanks to some help from the RAID mail list, (found that, too!)

Server now has the data I wanted on a RAID partition set up as a Samba share for all the Win9x users, and it works very well indeed!  Thanks to everyone who so freely gave help!

Best regards,
Greg Neumann