Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Dec 27 17:02:08 EST 2001

Actually, there is xsane, which is based on the sane program:

http://www.xsane.org/

THere really isn't any configuration or drivers for scanners... so long as
it's SCSI.  If it's USB or Parallel Port (haven't seen that in ages),
there you might have some challenges ahead of you.  Otherwise, xsane will
detect the SCSI device almost immediately.

-Rob