Mandrake 8.1

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Dec 26 10:16:14 EST 2001

> 	The new box will be a 950MHz Athlon and a 20GB drive, so I'm
> wide open to suggestions there. I'll probably be a giggling idiot for
> months because of all the speed and space ! :-) !

Okay, I'm jealous & I hate you now ;)

> 	I'll definitely give it a try. I don't actually have Outlook, it
> seemed like a waste of space. Also, I read there are only about 10
> or 15 viruses that Linux is susceptible to [most use the boot
> sector], but most of the really devastating and virulent ones,
> epidemiologically speaking, use Outlook as their vector. Hence,
> the Pegasus.

I personally use pine as my main emailer.  It's a text based email
program.  Very nice when you want to access your mail via ssh or telnet.
Recently, I've been trying out Evolution (Ximian).  It's amost an exact
mirror image of Outlook.  There are a few quirks with it, but I must admit
that it's somewhat impressive.....  but nothing will beat out pine.

If you get hooked on pine, they also have a PC-pine ;)

There.  I'm done with the shameful plug.

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.