Erie County Fair server problem

Samuel Morales Jr. sonofrage at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 21:24:52 EDT 2001

I just got this email a few minutes ago, can anyone
help?

--begin fwd
Samuel,

You have no idea who I am..  but I represent the IT
interests for Strates
Enterprises.  You may know our name..  we manage the
midway at the Erie
County Fair, have for many decades.

I happened upon your name from the UB OpenSource
website.  I have a bit of
a Linux situation and it just happens to be at the
Erie County Fair - no
really, dont laugh.  Our Linux server is broken.  The
server normally
dials into Earthlink and then uses IPMasq for the
clients to get out to
the net to check their e-mail, etc.. but it's not
dialing anymore!

We're based in Orlando, FL..  the weekend is
approaching and honestly I
don't want to fly to Buffalo. :) By chance could you
recommend a locally
based Linux consultant who could drive out to the Erie
County Fair, fix my
box, make a few bucks, and ride a few rides?

If you can, or know of someone you can..  PLEASE give
me a call or have
them give me a call -- 407-230-3024 or e-mail ASAP.

Thank you so very much!

Jeff Iddings

--end fwd