[nflug] Meetings - A Brief History of NFLUG and its Future

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Tue Nov 25 11:46:22 EST 2008

I think more enterprise focus would be great. The more we learn from each other, the more value the group has... Personally I get no value add from an "installfest" type meeting so I have avoided LUG meetings as a participant, though I have done a couple elsewhere as an instructor. But if there were going to be presentations where I would learn new stuff, I would start attending meetings and get involved.

I don't think that's mutually exclusive with having a "newbie friendly" group... And I agree that splintering into two groups would be probably be bad.

Chris