[nflug] Meetings - A Brief History of NFLUG and its Future

Brad Bartram brad.bartram at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:20:33 EST 2008

I am 100% in favor of an "enterprise" focused group in the Buffalo / WNY
region.  I also don't believe anyone should be excluded from such a group
based solely on knowledge, experience, or professional position.

The linux groups in this area have largely been focused on Linux as a
desktop replacement OS and it's largely been that way since I remember going
to my first meeting way back when in the Statler.  This isn't necessarily a
bad thing as there needs to be a place where the casual user can go to learn
and for mutual assistance.  However, there is a definite need for the same
type of sharing of information and networking opportunities among people who
use linux in a server environment, software development environment, or even
in other ways.

I would personally love to be involved in sharing information about some of
the work I'm currently and have been doing, but it tends not to be the kind
of thing geared towards the casual user.  There tends to be a great group of
highly talented people in this area - we just need to get some of them
together once in a while and compare notes.

Brad