[nflug] speed imaging netcat

Joshua Johnson joshpauljohnson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:58:45 EST 2008

I don't know much about netcat. But it looks like it is gzipping after the
transfer. Would something like this work:

-Start up nc to listen but without piping to gzip. But send to the same
file.
- On the other machine do
    dd if=/dev/sda |gzip -c -9 | nc -w 5 computer_ip_adress 9000

That way it would compress and then send it over your network (instead of
sending over your network and then compressing). Unless it is already doing
that and I misread the initial steps.