[nflug] Meeting and Samba notes

paul paul at paulcosta.com
Tue May 27 17:24:50 EDT 2008

Darin Perusich wrote:

> paul wrote:
>> Side note: I was having problems with my samba server also (I changed
>> some of my nic card settings) While my Linux box could see my Windoz
>> box myWindoz box could not see my Linux box After fiddling with the
>> smb.conf file a bit, Windowz could see the share but not authenticate
>>

> Did you try reverting back to the original settings to see if the
> problem goes away?

Yes, I had a copy of my smb.conf file [smb.conf.org] and renamed it to
smb.conf but that did not work.
It may have been as simple as not waiting long enough for windoz to
update its network settings
(actually, I'm not sure why I have to wait but that was what was
suggested in the samb.pdf file)

paul