[nflug] Grub Error 18

Deepan Chakravarthy codeshepherd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 10:53:49 EDT 2008

Cyber Source wrote:
> I'm not familiar with rEFit. How do you switch into this "native"
> mode? Is parallels part of rEFit? It sounds like you installed grub to
> the partition and not the mbr of the drive. I have found grub to be a
> very flexible boot loader and have done many configurations with it,
> dual, triple boots, Linux with Linux, Linux with windows, Linux with
> BeOS and windows but have never used it to boot MAC, which is what I
> presume your trying to do? Give us more detail on exactly what your
> doing and I'm sure I or someone on here can help.

By native mode I meant, native boot. I can boot to linux directly
without using parallels,  I mean linux as the native operating system.
Like how we run mac.  I have not install grub in MBR. Grub is installed
in /dev/sda3  .  when I boot in native mode,   root option for grub is
(hd0,2) . Via parallels  root option becomes (hd0,0) since parallels
considers this partition as the only disk in the machine.  What other
details do you need ?  thanks a lot for your help .