[nflug] Asterisk and Debian Etch Issues

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Thu Mar 13 10:12:39 EDT 2008

Hi all!  Installing an Asterisk box here with a Sangoma A101 PRI board hooked to an 8-channel PRI.  Here is my question.

I am running Asterisk under Debian Etch (installed the asterisk and zaptel DEBs), but when I go to run ztcfg or genzaptelconf, I get the following:

---8<---
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected
---8<---

Permissions are as follows:

---8<---
crw-rw---- 1 asterisk dialout 196, 254 2008-03-12 17:00 channel
crw-rw---- 1 asterisk dialout 196,   0 2008-03-12 17:00 ctl
crw-rw---- 1 asterisk dialout 196, 255 2008-03-12 17:00 pseudo
crw-rw---- 1 asterisk dialout 196, 253 2008-03-12 17:00 timer
---8<---

`uname -a' returns:

---8<---
Linux asterix 2.6.24-rw-ASTERIX #7 SMP Fri Feb 29 12:16:40 EST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
---8<---

I have made sure that the permissions are set correctly (according to all the information that I have seen with a google.com/linux search) and tried loads of other things, but am still having this issue.  I know some of you guys may be running Asterisk (I believe I know of at least _ONE_ member running it)  so any help or any direction anyone can kindly point me in would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com | robert.wolfe at voyager.net>
Systems Administrator, LocalNet Corp/CoreComm Internet