[nflug] Linux for a (very) old notebook

K O wpos2 at roadrunner.com
Mon Jun 23 23:29:58 EDT 2008

My first thought - Puppy Linux.  It's one of those live distros that
fits (or at least used to fit) on one of those business card sized CDs.
  I think there are provisions for HDD installation, and it may have a
2.6 kernel by now.  Otherwise I'd recommend looking for a distro with a
minimalistic GUI like After Step or XFCE (the Windows Explorer like
shell, I believe).