[nflug] Here is something I should know, but I've never tried it in a production environment, so...

Richard Hubbard rhubby at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 15:13:55 EDT 2008

I have one older, slower server with CENT OS 5.1 on it.  So far, so good.

I want to move it over to another, newer, physical box.  No problem.

Problem: I have a drive array set up on the old box using an LSI
magaraid 6 SATA card.

Could I just take the physical drives out of the old box, put them into
the new box, complete with the Megaraid card, and have the CENT OS
recognize all the different hardware?

// I'm guessing "yes", but I'm worried about the drive array.  That has
the important data. The boot drive is a pretty generic setup and can be
remade in minutes.  The raid array would take a few days to rebuild.

 Richard Hubbard
ATTO Technology Inc