[nflug] Re: duplicate name - samba ldap winxp

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Wed Jun 18 09:04:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:01:08 -0400
Eric Benoit <eric at bootz.us> wrote:

> Hi Paul thanks... we are static, no dhcp.
>
> paul wrote:
> > maybe u have a dhcp issue
> > try giving your client a static ip and a unique name and see if that
> > clears up the problem

What I would do, then, is (if possible) check all machines on the networking to make sure that no other machines have the same IP address or system name.  Just out of curiosity, how do you guys keep track of your IP inventory/IP assignments?  We use something called IPPlan here, and that works very, very well.

--
Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com>

"The only good thing about Vista is that even
 the viruses have compatibility issues. "