[nflug] I am windows inept

Eric Benoit eric at bootz.us
Wed Jul 2 10:03:42 EDT 2008

Hi I configured an LDAP-Samba ADS which works perfectly now, except I
don't know that much about Windows and methods of configuring
workstations/users...

I have my smb/ldap automatically adding machines when I authenticate as
admin and can add roaming users as well, but my issue is I don't know if
both can be the same...

can a roaming user be apart of a machine... this doesn't seem likely to
me because they are both users in smb/ldap

if this is true then my question would be..

when should I use roaming users and when should I use machines with users

I would love to read something about this, but all the documentation I
can find is weighted towards setting up samba and LDAP.

Thanks,
Eric