[nflug] Problems with Menus on Ubuntu 7.10

Robert Stockdale IV bobstockdale at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 05:53:20 EST 2008

Hello everyone:
 I originally sent this message to the Ubuntu-users list and have not yet
received a response. Does anyone on this list have any ideas or input short
of re-installing Ubuntu?

Recently, I update Ubuntu 7.10. During the update the application froze up
near the end of the process. I had to kill the process and when I restarted
Xorg my application menu does not open and the System-Preference menu does
not exist. When I rebooted there were hard disk errors. I ran e2fsck to fix
these errors, which it did just fine. How can I get my menus back? Are there
other issues that I need to be concerned about? Thank you to all who can
help.
Bob