[nflug] Blocking out unwanted guests...

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 13:30:54 EST 2008

you could always use port kncking to open the port on demand, thus making it invisible to most portscans..    analagous to a secret knock o na door in order t ogain entry.  if you don't know the secret knock you don't get a response..
It can be as simple as a 1 port knock on a specific powrt number or as complex as you desire.

google "port knocking",  there are several howtos with how to set it up with firewalls like shorewall (my favorite)

-- David J. Andruczyk