[nflug] Let's go old, old, old school linux

Robert Wolfe robert at niagara-panux.com
Fri Jan 4 10:41:20 EST 2008

On Fri, January 4, 2008 10:35 am, Rob Dege wrote:
> I remember the 90s.  More specifically, I remember you back at UB playing
> Doom on a Solaris pizzabox with what was then considered a large monitor
> (17" I believe)  In fact, I think you were mocking me when I tried to get
> it
> to work on an NCD, but the frame rates were too low for us to play
> death-match :/

Heh heh, I've got one of these at home that I just acquired from our
"graveyard" at work - a Sun Netra T1 Model 150 with a CD-ROM drive :)
Boss said I cheated when I used the CD to install Ubuntu Server for Sparc
rather than using a network install :)  So, all said, I'm up to two Sun
boxes - the Ultra 5 and the Netra :)  Perhaps I should try and talk the
boss into letting me take the Sun StorEdge box we have at work home :)