[nflug] Listserv/SMTP server/mail quota question

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu Feb 14 13:47:34 EST 2008

Cyber is correct in that quotas relate to the amount storage/disk space
one is allowed to consume. What you are referring to is throttling and
this can ONLY be done at the MTA, this entry from the mailman FAQ.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.051.htp

To enforce this in Postfix you would set smtpd_client_message_rate_limit
to a value other then 0 in main.cf. You REALLY need to be careful when
enabling such policies since they limit ALL messages and not particular
messages or copies of messages. In other words this is a bad idea in
most respects.