[nflug] amavis-new - spamassassin and clamav - postfix

Eric Benoit eric at bootz.us
Wed Dec 17 14:59:31 EST 2008

Well, I'm to the point of posting another question...

I have postfix setup the typical way to have amavis filter the email on
port10024 and then send it back to postfix on port10025

In my amavis installation on debian etch the amavis.conf has been split
up in these bizarre file names with numbers ...whatever... ...just
annoying...

I have set up clamav and spamassassin, both of these work through
amavis, but not at the same time, I can only initialize one or the other
by uncommenting either spam or virus.... What happens when both are
initialized is this... postfix starts filling up the Mail queue with
messages and no error codes, I can then manually flush the queue and
everything gets sent properly

in my file...
@@@@@@@@@@   15-content_filter_mode   @@@@@@@@@@@@@

use strict;

# You can modify this file to re-enable SPAM checking through spamassassin
# and to re-enable antivirus checking.

#
# Default antivirus checking mode
# Uncomment the two lines below to enable it back
#

@bypass_virus_checks_maps = ( \%bypass_virus_checks,
\@bypass_virus_checks_acl, \$bypass_virus_checks_re);

#
# Default SPAM checking mode
# Uncomment the two lines below to enable it back
#

@bypass_spam_checks_maps = ( \%bypass_spam_checks,
\@bypass_spam_checks_acl, \$bypass_spam_checks_re);

1;  # insure a defined return