[nflug] fishing for an idea

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Dec 3 16:17:13 EST 2008

ok I think I came up with the answer myself. I know I have to implement
quota's but the trick was the cumulative part on a 24hr period. What I
could do is have him copy the stuff he wants to have remote backup into
a directory. This directory will have a quota limit on it, based on the
daily amount that I wish to limit him to. Then I can have a cron setup
wherein it will do a daily copy of that folder content into the real
folder where all his data is that is going to get rsync'd. The cron can
then delete the files from that "quota" folder after the copy. Rsync can
then run daily on the folder that's going remote and the quota folder
will have a fresh start for him to copy into.