[nflug] fishing for an idea

Tony E - Jaraeth jaraeth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Dec 3 03:42:22 EST 2008

What I canadd is two cents about the standard linux quota pkg.  Assuming you have it installed you should have /etc/warnquota.conf or similar.  That's the file that quota uses to generate warnings and send to a local user account.  Next, you will need to set up a partition with quota support, enabling it by adding "usrquota" to your /etc/fstab, and then using the "quotactl" and "quota" commands along with "setquota" to manage them, or the less intuitive but more like vi approach: edquota.

I don't believe linux quota's will do exactly what you want, but it's a starting place.  I would defnitely suggest reading up on it... It's not something most people get right the first time around ;)

Hth,

Tony E / Jaraeth
Phoenix Wing