[nflug] Samba LDAP Question

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Mon Aug 25 11:39:08 EDT 2008

Ok, good morning first of all :)

Ok, decided to switch from MySQL auth to LDAP based auth for samba (since I was told by the people at Samba that Win boxes won't auth properly against smb/mysql servers) following the instructions at http://www.howtoforge.com/openldap-samba-domain-controller-ubuntu7.10

However, when I get to this set of instructions on page 2 of that site at:

http://www.howtoforge.com/openldap-samba-domain-controller-ubuntu7.10-p2

The section telling me to run the command 'smbldap-populate -u 30000 -g 30000' returns gobs of errors.

Has anyone else had any issues with getting this set up in Debian (I know these instructions are for Ubuntu, but they should still work the same, right)?

--
Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com>
Systems Administrator, Localnet/CoreComm Internet

"The only good thing about Vista is that even  the viruses have compatibility issues. "