[nflug] SAMBA and MySQL Again...

robert at muzzlethem.com robert at muzzlethem.com
Tue Aug 19 16:02:21 EDT 2008

Hi all!  Still having issues with getting this to work unfortunately :(

I followed the instructions given at ckdake.com, but when I go to run the
smbclient command line program I get the following errors:

Unknown parameter encountered: "domain user map"
Ignoring unknown parameter "domain user map"
Unknown parameter encountered: "domain group map"
Ignoring unknown parameter "domain group map"

Then I get a password prompt.  I enter my password and then all the
available shares are displayed, and quite correctly so.

Now, here's the problem.

I go to connect to the file server either in Linux or Windows and I am not
allowed to connect to the server and get a message saying the share/server
is not accesible and that I might not have permission to use the networking
resource...blah blah blah.  However, since I am the system administrator
(well, one of them anyway) I KNOW I have access to this particular Samba
server.

So, enough of my babbling here :)  Thank again for everyone's assistance on
this and for putting up with my constant whining about getting this to work. :)

Peace!