[nflug] Help- At a Loss

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 14:18:31 EDT 2008

Another possibility is that you have a mix of half duplex and full duplex links in your environment.  This causes FCS errors that cause lots of retransmissions.  This is especially bad between switches.  If your switches are talking to each other in full duplex but the machines are half, bad things happen.  It's the same problem if you have full duplex machines and half duplex switches...  Give that a check

Cheers!

Bob

 --
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
--Leonardo da Vinci