[nflug] gps

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Thu Sep 20 09:45:50 EDT 2007

> Anyone play with gps stuff in Linux? I am taking a trip to England and
> Sweden next month and would like to bring my laptop to use with gps. I
> see tons of stuff in the Ubuntu repos for it but before I just start
> installing and trying things, I thought I would ask our learned email
> list. Can anyone point me in some direction or share their experiences
> with Linux and gps?

Why not just get a standalone GPS? My buddy just bought this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858108224

He loves it. You can update the maps frequently. You can even see yourself
turning when you hold it an spin in a circle. It's powered by the lighter,
and even tells you how fast you're going by the satellite. GOod reviews on
Newegg too. Let me know if you want to check it out, maybe he can stop by.
-Jesse