[nflug] Bridging two Subnets (Linux Router Project?)

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Fri Sep 14 11:04:47 EDT 2007

Justin,

You just need any stock linux kernel, and just add in a route. It's
literally as straight-forward as that, especially if you are saying that you
do not want firewalling..etc.

Drop in 2 GB nic cad, ifconfig each one to that subnet's ip, and then add a
route between them, and enable IP_FORWARDING in the kernel (you can do it
just by flipping a software switch via /proc (I forgot specifically how to
do it..but it's one line..)

Mark