[nflug] (no subject)

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Sep 13 12:47:04 EDT 2007

If it were this Saturday, I could bring this box I just did for
directtv. I actually made a feisty dump with all the latest updates (as
of today), configured for a pvr-350 and dish network satellite (using
dual IR, one to send for satellite and one to receive for pvr-350's
remote). That could be adapted for directtv in all of 2 min.. I made a
tar of the entire os w/config (5.9gb) that we could dump on your box and
have it up and running in about 15 min. This is something I was going to
do for ITT as they called me up and wanted me to teach a class, but the
actual install was too much for them and they wanted me to just do a PP
presentation, of which I told them I was too busy then. Probably the
same teachers that turn their students off of wikipedia because it might
have false or skewed info. Anywho, this would be a fast way for you to
get it working and then see how the whole thing works. The biggest pain
was compiling in the lirc for sending because the config scripts were
screwed up, so I pounded on it until it finished. Apparently the new
lirc can do both sending and receiving but I have the receiving binary
under /usr/bin and the sending binaries under /usr/local/bin, works
fine. Lemme know.