[nflug] Dedicated hosting companies to avoid

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Fri Oct 26 10:33:58 EDT 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:23:37 -0400
"C. Hatton Humphrey" <chumphrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been approached by a friend of mine asking about a local
> company that offers dedicated and fully managed hosting.  He's coming
> out of a nightmare relationship with a hosting company.  He's running
> Windows boxes.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions but I'd like to hear both GOOD and BAD
> experiences.  I was originally going to ask for suggestions of places
> to AVOID but that might be considered to inflammatory.
>
> If you're going to trash a company and don't want to do so publicly
> (for whatever reason), you can do it directly to me at
> chumphrey at gmail.com.
>
> The main requirement - it needs to be Buffalo local so, "if something
> goes wrong I have someone I can go punch in the face."  Having heard
> what he's been going through I can say, "Yeah, it's that bad."

Well, if you're looking for a company that does colocation (and does a
good job at it) I would have to recommend Shatter I.T. downtown.  (Yes,
that's my honest, unbiased opinion).  I recommend them primarily because
I worked for Mark before coming on board here at Localnet and I have
to say they know their stuff.

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com