[nflug] novell login

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 19 18:43:38 EDT 2007

The longin client doesn't login to a server, rather it logs into a
service. This isn't just symantics.  the Novell Directory Services (NDS)
is the service that is being used for authentication on the network.
These services can be run from a Novell Netware server, or they can be
run from a Linux server. (I think you can also set up NDS to be run by
Windows, but don't quote me on that.)  Lately Novell has been moving
away from the concept of Novell Netware as an operating system because
it's too expensive to keep updating the OS, especially when it's the
service doing the authentication.

Don't ask me how to do it though...