[nflug] RHEL 5 Server & Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 22:08:13 EDT 2007

redhat 5 (AFAIK) has SMP built as default, unlike it's
predecessors..  IF the second core isn't showing,
check the bios of your system to make sure MPS
(multiprocessing) isn't disabled.  Also check to make
sure the  BIOS is a current release.

what do you see when you run "cat /proc/cpuinfo" ?

NOTE: "top" these days only shows a compostie CPU
usage,  you have to hit "1" to get it to show all the
running cores.

--- Jesse Jarzynka <denisesballs at thecybersource.com>

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48250/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v9.php?o=US2226&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=AprNI&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>who

> > are looking for what you sell.