[nflug] RHEL 5 Server & Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 10:03:32 EDT 2007

Well, when you do a 'uname -a', does the kernel come up identified as an SMP kernel?  Check your installation media for packages "kernel-SMP-2.6.xx".  It should be on your installation CDs/DVD.  Shouldn't have to download that.  I usually go for what comes with the distribution first before trying to download possibly conflicting things from the net.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers!

 Bob