[nflug] Router Recommendations

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Wed Nov 28 18:00:45 EST 2007

> Data from the T is already taken care of via an AdTran Total Access 608
> (which I don't have admin access to).  Right now, that feed is going
> into our little SOHO router.  I need the dual wan's because we're going
> to be adding a cable backup to our T-1 access.

Total Access? Do you have a fractional T coming over that for voice? Seems
like an odd router to use for just a data T1.

Anyways, if all you are looking for is a decent router from Cisco to
connect ethernet to the Total Access and do firewall the 1811 will have 2
FE WAN ports and an 8 port 10/100 switch with firewall built right in.
That can do failover right to your cable modem. That would be my
recommendation from the Cisco perspective.

CISCO1811/K9 - Security router with dual 10/100 WAN ports, 8-port
10/100BASE-T switch, V.92 analog modem backup, Cisco IOS Advanced IP
Services, 32 MB Flash, and 128 MB DRAM

Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers Fixed Configuration Models
[Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers] - Cisco Systems -
http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a95f.html