[nflug] Router Recommendations

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Tue Nov 27 17:08:21 EST 2007

Since you mentioned Cisco and I support them all day, if you just need a
SOHO router that will support a T1 the 1841 would be a nice fit:

CISCO1841-T1 - 1841 bundle w/WIC-1DSU-T1-V2, IP Base, 32FL/128DR

or even:

CISCO1841-T1SEC/K9 - 1841 Security Bundle w/ WIC-1DSU-T1-V2,
Adv.Sec.,64FL,256DR

Which will have the Advanced Security IOS you can use for firewall, VPN
and even IDS.

Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers: Cisco 1841 Router (Modular)
 [Cisco 1800 Series Integrated Services Routers] - Cisco Systems -
http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016a59b.html

Cisco IOS is not difficult. I found coming from a Linux background it was
very easy to get used to.