[nflug] Job Opportunity - NOC Administrator

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Mon Nov 26 22:35:15 EST 2007

Shatter I.T. Job Posting

Network Operations Center Administrator (Buffalo NOC)

Opening:  1 FT days - flexible shift

At Shatter I.T., Western New York and Southern Ontario's Premier Managed
Service Provider, our focus is on vigilant preemptive responses to system
and network events, allowing us to ensure the highest levels of system and
network availability and reliability for mission critical systems. Our
24x7x365 ONSITE technical staff monitors and manages systems, infrastructure
and processes to alleviate security or system issues before they become a
problem, day or night.  Our Managed Services provide service, process and
component level monitoring and management in addition to operational
services such as firewall and security management, update and patch
administration and backup management.

At Shatter I.T., we provide an exciting and challenging work environment,
where performance and innovative thinking are encouraged and rewarded at
every level. Our professional culture values teamwork, customer service and
the exchange of ideas and thinking beyond boundaries. We provide motivated
individuals with the opportunity to establish a position in a growing
company within a rapidly evolving industry. If you are looking for a chance
to put your education and experience to work, apply today, we're waiting to
make you a part of our team! For more information about our company, go to:
http://www.shatterit.com/

Job Functions:

.         Development and administration of customer servers, ranging from
Windows 2000/2003 to Linux and Solaris servers.

.         Developing Standard Operating Procedures for technical staff,
maintain, design, troubleshoot and expand network and monitoring systems.

.         Forward communication with clients in keeping with our excellent
service and customer relationships.

.         Lead projects involving the evaluation, procurement, installation
and support of system software, hardware platforms, distributed systems and
peripherals for all network servers.

.         Development and design of state of the art monitoring software and
technologies.

.         Consultation and planning of disaster recovery and load balancing
for clients.

Required:

.         Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing
purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making
presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper
management.

.         Independent problem-solving, self-direction.

.         Use of backup programs and fsck or chkdsk, maintain system
database files (groups, hosts, aliases, usermanager).

.         Comfortable with most aspects of unix and windows operating system
administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system
installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security,
installing third-party software.

.         Solid understanding of Windows based operating systems;
understands services, paging, registry settings, security settings, core
Microsoft applications and administration including IIS, FTP server, DHCP,
basic MSSQL administration, and ODBC usage.

.         Solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system; knowledge of
paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and functionality
of device drivers, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical
partitions).

.         Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing
environment concepts; configuration of NFS and NIS, NT domains; knowledge of
nslookup or research information in the DNS; understands basic routing
concepts.

.         Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Tk,
Perl, VBScript, a shell).

.         Ability to perform user level database commands in order to
retrieve information or add information in a database.

.         Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of C programs.

.         Ability to setup and handle basic configuration of network devices

Send resume to: careers at shatterit.com