[nflug] for the crafty scripter

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Mon Nov 19 12:18:38 EST 2007

Cyber Source wrote:
> Aside from the skel issue, I love it. And as far as I know, it's
> probably something that's in my existing home that's pissing it off,
> because it works fine with until I get to a certain point of tweakage,
> in other words, if I don't copy over all my hidden stuff, it's fine. I
> can hardly blame a distro or a release for that. If I could find a
> decent doc on skel, I could possibly figure it out. All other issues
> where just getting used to minor differences, and of course it's early
> on, the updates are coming out daily.
>>
>> [...much deleted for brevity...]
>>
>> I tried 7.1 and did not care for it too much. After working with it for
>> some time, I went back to 6.06.1 desktop for desktop (and some
>> server) use
>> and 6.06.1 Server for some server use (backup DNS and mail services).

After finally reading that whole thing I realized you only had a simple
question at the end. I used to do that on all the dumps anyways. I also
use it all the time when I'm doing celenza. If you do:

sed -ie "s/peter/newuser/" *

It should replace all the instances of peter with newuser in every file.
Will probably need to do ".*" at the end for the hidden files though.