[nflug] bittorrent setup

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Nov 16 19:43:52 EST 2007

Reply inline:

Franklin Kumro Jr wrote:
> Usually you only need a tracker if your creating your own torrent to
> distribute. When I download I don't need any sort of tracker (the
> torrent responds to the tracker but I'm not hosting it). For another
> program try deluge and make sure to enable encryption.
Azureus started working, but now crashes as soon as soon as I run it and
it displays a splash screen and the next screen comes up.

bigbird at sananda:~/pq$ azureus
changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (United States). Searching
without country..
changeLocale: Searching for language English in *any* country..
changeLocale: no message properties for Locale 'English (United States)'
(en_US), using 'English (default)'
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
Major opcode: 145
Minor opcode: 3
Resource id: 0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
Major opcode: 145
Minor opcode: 3
Resource id: 0x0
Failed to open device
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb3d57172, pid=12530, tid=3084282768
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode, sharing)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libglibjni-0.4.so+0x9172]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid12530.log
#
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted (core dumped)

The log has a ton of stuff in it starting with a bunch of messages about
"Thread blocked"

> The ports you need open are defined by the program, just open your
> firewall for those ports, redirect ports on the router. After your
> download completes put the firewall up and block any incoming
> connections since your not sharing it anymore (unless you want to seed).

I have no idea how to do that. I have whatever firewall is built into
kubuntu. It works great, but I didn't put it there or configure it. Any
help?

Joe