[nflug] wireless access point

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 16:53:28 EST 2007

Well, you have some options... one, you could get a

					LINKSYS HGA7T High Gain Antenna Kit for R-TNC ConnectorsWhich would let you extend the range of the wireless antenna...

You could also try a

					CISCO AIR-ANT1728 High Gain Omnidirectional Ceiling Mount AntennaWhich will remote the antenna from the wireless router.  I'm assuming that you're using something like a WRT54G with an RP-TNC connector.

There are a number of active signal boosters available, also.

On the other hand, you might consider using a separate wireless device on each floor.  Make one of them a wireless router and the other one a simple wireless hub that talks on a wired net to the router.

Cheers!

Bob