[nflug] data recovery

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 22:20:29 EST 2007

If two of the drives are NOT EVEN SEEN by
thecontroller's BIOS you have bigger problems...
Check cabling, power  proper termination. (teriniation
is at the ENDs ofthe busm, NOT ON EACH DRIVE. (you
wouldn';t beleive how many boxes I've worked on where
some moron terminated EVERY DRIVE on the bus and
wondered why he couldn't get more than 3-4 scsi
devices to work on  the bus before getting weird
errors)

As for recovery on the other drives, it's not likely
to be doable,  as I have zero info as to how you
created your LVM originally. (i.e was it all one VG
using all four drives in a span,  was it striped? (if
so your'e defeinitely screwed), was it multiple VG's?

LVM is ideal to be used for large drives, or disk
arrays as presented by a RAID controller. It's  also
useful for individula drives , but beware if they are
concatenated together (the default), and you loose
one,  u lost it all essentially.

-- David J. Andruczyk