No subject

Sat May 26 12:43:50 EDT 2007

Readline Notation
        In this section, the emacs-style notation is used to denote
keystrokes.  Control keys are denoted by C-key, e.g., C-n means Control-N.
Simi-larly, meta keys are denoted by M-key, so M-x means Meta-X.  (On
key-boards without a meta key, M-x means ESC x, i.e., press the Escape key
then the x key.  This makes ESC the meta prefix.  The combination M-C-x
means ESC-Control-x, or press the Escape key then hold the Control key
while pressing the x key.)

Another thing that still has me is clear-screen (C-l) not working, but
from reading the Readline info above, I suspect this stems from the same
problem.

I'm not even sure exactly what I'm looking for or the nomenclature to
describe it. For the first problem, do I need to set a new escape in my
.inputrc or elsewhere?

-Mark