[nflug] nx server

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri May 25 07:29:31 EDT 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> When I connect to my Fed 5 box thats running nxserver
> the  Panel does not show up. Everythign is fine. Also
> how do I kill the sessions? I tried loooking for vnc
> session .pid but dont see any. I have one seesion that
> I think is corrupt and I keep getting connected to
> it.. Suggestions?
>

>       ____________________________________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

I found that there is a bug in nx at least as far as trying to nx into
gnome. I don't think it's entirely nx related either, in that I have
some boxes with the problem and others don't, could be a version thing too.
Problem I've found is that even though you may be telling it to make a
connection without multimedia stuff (sound in particular), it still
tries to make a connection with sound. It doesn't appear to be a problem
over a lan but it is over a wan.
Work around I use is I check to see how many esd processes are running,
kill them all. Either turn off your sounds in your gnome session or
create a user with no sound enabled and login with that user. Newer nx
packages also only allow 2 users enabled by default to connect, so if
you add another user to connect, you may need to adjust that.