[nflug] TW Cable

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue May 8 08:01:07 EDT 2007

Richard Hubbard wrote:
> Is it just me, or is time warner cable a bunch of farking morons?
>
> 2 weeks ago, they swapped around their network equipment, and since then it has been running at glacier speed.
> I try to do their 50 mb download speed test, but I told them that I wasn't exposing my computer to the internet sans firewall.
> The 50mb download was stopped because I had to go to work (after 35 minutes), and I got a reply back stating that if I wasn't going to disable their firewall, then they couldn't help me.
>
> Anyone here still using TW?  Anyone work for TW?  If you do, do they intentionally hire morons?
>
> Richard Hubbard
> Technology Solutions Inc

About a week ago they started changing things from the old adelphia to
time warner. From the usual 24. and 68. IP blocks, they are now on 98.,
and you will see rr.com in their identification string now instead of
the old adelphia. This switch created alot of havoc. About 20 of my
clients called and bitched and for a while, things like ssh and anything
uploading didn't even work but are now all set. The area your in might
be going through this now if it hasn't already. Try the usual reset the
modem and reboot things, it'll probably clear up soon.