[nflug] Network Issues

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Mar 16 10:26:37 EDT 2007

Franklin Kumro Jr wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I am going to try to explain whats been happening as best as I can and
> hopefully someone can give me some pointers. Currently I am using Time
> Warner Road Runner internet service, and since they took over its been
> crappy for me. I purchased a new router (
> http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/KWGR614.aspx
> - Open Source Version) and after one DOA got a working one. Hooked it
> up and it has been working great (i think). Lately we have been
> loosing our internet connection completely, I end up turning both
> router and cable modem off then on again. This usually fixes it for a
> day or two, but then it happens again.
>
> Yesterday I had to do it four times and when I was updating a fresh
> install of Ubuntu some weird download issues arose.  The download
> would begin and continue up to around 500kb/s but then at around the
> 20sec mark it would fall down to 0kb/s and then drop connection. If I
> attempted the download a couple times it would continue from where it
> left off (if the software supported it) and then eventually finish.
> Also sometimes the downloads would get past the 20sec mark and finish,
> sometimes not. Using the same router I have had GB's uploaded to my
> computer without dropping the connection.
>
> Does this sound like the internet connection or the router? I have had
> problems with the connection even with the old router, just not as
> bad. I don't know if the service is declining (rough spot?) or the
> router is crap.
>
> --
> Frank
> Shenanigans!!
> I do the voodoo that I do do with sudo!
> http://www.syncoder.com

Lately I've been dealing with ALOT of DSL issues, really shit
connections, getting dropped all the time. I have one new install that
it's been a week since they said they were going to send verizon out and
no word at all. I'm not sure what's going on but around Cleveland Drive
area of Cheektowaga, I've got 2 people with no connection for the last
week. If the same has happened to you on both routers, I would think
it's your DSL.