[nflug] April 2007 SysAdmin Magazine New Items

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 09:36:43 EDT 2007

mondo rescue is FAR cheaper ($0.00)  and works WONDERFULLY.  I've
used it several times for bare metal server restores.
http://mondorescue.org

The problem with arkeia (aside from cost) is that it uses it's own
kernel,  what happens when you're on enterprise grade HW that uses
3rd party modules for SCSI/RAID/Fcal HBA's?  you're screwed.
mondo uses the kernel OF THE MACHINE, so it's guaranteed to work on
that machine (and ones like it).   It can also backup to CD, DVD,
TAPE, NFS, disk, etc, has a simple (text based) menu driven gui,
that even your avg windows monkey could figure out (with hope)

http://mondorescue.org/

-- David J. Andruczyk