[nflug] Open File Backup

Richard Hubbard rhubby at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 05:44:01 EST 2007

Stop me if you heard this one before.

Set up a replication of your data to a specific location where nobody else uses it.
Back up that location.

Domino does an excellent job of doing its own backup via replication, and then your normal fs backup procedures work great.
No xtra$$, no extra learning curve.  There may be some subtle drawbacks if you need to restore, as in, you need to realizes it is a replica you are restoring, rather than an "authoritative" backup, but once you know that, you can force the restore..

Richard Hubbard
Technology Solutions Inc