[nflug] Dell Ubuntu order

Erek Dyskant erek at nbtsc.org
Wed Jun 6 01:57:35 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 11:23 -0400, Darin Perusich wrote:
> Norton/Symantic anti-virus is available for Linux.
	The anti-virus for Linux is to make sure that Linux machines don't have
files containing Windows viruses that they could potentially email or
otherwise share with other users on a network.
	So, it doesn't actually protect the Linux machine, it just protects a
mixed network that has Linux and Windows desktops that share files.
Could be useful in a corporation, but pretty useless for anyone who'd be
buying Dell's Ubuntu machines.
	Somehow I doubt that Dell was selling that, as it's darn near
impossible to buy outside of a Symantec-everything site license.  I'll
bet that Dell just failed to remove all the software upsells.

--Erek