[nflug] tw rr tech support

Franklin Kumro Jr fkumro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:02:33 EDT 2007

"The funny thing is I sometimes see some of the guys
who no longer are with the company outside on break,
and they work upstairs at another company doing
GNU/Linux now and I'm still doing the same gig. Life
is funny like that."

Is that company Synacor (I know where above the TW call center - 3rd
floor)? Just chiming in cause I work there and was wondering if I knew
them...

On 7/22/07, Daniel V <cloudlakedreamer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Maybe you talked to me, that's something I would have
> done back in the past. I have talked to a few
> GNU/Linux-using customers.
>
> The funny thing is I sometimes see some of the guys
> who no longer are with the company outside on break,
> and they work upstairs at another company doing
> GNU/Linux now and I'm still doing the same gig. Life
> is funny like that.
>
> Daniel
>
> --- K O <wpos2 at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> >
> I agree with Cyber Source.  One of the strengths of
> Windows is its ubiquity: that is to say that it's a
> good bet that anytime that new sofware, drivers, etc.
> come out, they're available for Windows.  It is
> similarly with support.  The more something is
> popular, the more it is provided for.  That is one of
> the reasons why wireless cards are largely unsupported
> for the Amiga.
>
> Stephen: based on my experience, I wouldn't worry
> too much about being labeled an undesirable by
> Adelphia's tech support. As courteous and usually
> helpful as they are, whenever they ask me about my OS,
> they ask which version of Windows I'm running.  I bet
> there are no more than 2 techs there who can name more
> than 1 distro.  Not to discredit them; they just
> haven't been trained in Penguin nuances by the
> training staff.
>
> One person, years ago, acknowledged that I'm
> running "some version of Unix."  Maybe he was the only
> one who bothered to look at my record.  At
> least I got that.

Frank
Shenanigans!!
I do the voodoo that I do do with sudo!