[nflug] KDE Panel AWOL

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 21:39:18 EST 2007

Hey John,
I'm running ubuntu edgy 6.10, KDE 3.5.5. I was able to access the
system --> system configuration-->desktop. I went in and simply
deselected then reselected the hiding option and the panel came
back!!! must have been some kind of glitch, who knows... Anyways....
It works! Thanks alot. I appreciate it. Now to get xubuntu running on
my old low spec Toshiba 2100CDS laptop. I can get it going without
pcmci but am running into trouble getting my ethernet card running.
Keeps trying to disable irq11 ( just the pci bus no biggie ) lol.
 Thanks again
Dave

On 1/29/07, John G. Boice <evrgreen at netsync.net> wrote:
> David Mangani wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Thanks so much for the tips! I was able to do the right click thing
> > but I had the right click option disabled in the settings some where.
> > To make a long story short.... I was able to add back the right click
> > menu option, Once there I was able to "undo" the transparency
> > settings. In fact I turned it and all other menu glitz off. Still no
> > dice. My Kmenu ( bottom panel ) is gone. I guess I hosed it somehow.
> > At least now I can access it with a right click though. hmmmm... I
> > always seem to keep "fixing it" till it breaks. lol....
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Hi Dave. Glad to be of some help.
>
> I'm curious though: Can you get into
> system> system configuration [settings] > desktop > panels ?
>
> You should be able there to see if your kmenu panel is hiding, to
> specify which edge of the screen to which you want to dock it, and even
> --in the unlikely event you somehow actually deleted the whole thing
> --you can design a new one.
>
> BTW, what distro & version of Linux are you running KDE on?
>
> John

Debian Linux/FC6/Sometimes Ubuntu.