[nflug] user startup processes

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Jan 11 16:56:55 EST 2007

I'm reading Ubuntu Hacks (O'Reilly).  It's helpful, but since I have
kubuntu, not everything works.
I installed beagle to search my computer and it works fine, but the
instructions say to add it to a startup list for my user so it starts
when I log on and the instructions are gnome-specific.

How do I do that in kubuntu?

I remember hacking into a bunch of init scripts in Mandrake and never
really knowing which was which and in what order they executed.
It's not a cron - thing because it should (according to the book) start
whenever I log on.

TIA

Joe